Focal's focus on their ability to develop everything that goes into their speakers in house is represented well in this floor standing speaker. This includes their use of a pair of their newest woofer technology, Slatefiber, made of recycled carbon fibers for excellent rigidity, response, weight, and damping. This contributes to tight bass response and balanced midrange. The 816 also benefits from their TNF tweeter tech, where the tweeter is suspended in a material called Poron, to greatly reduce distortion.
- 1" TNF aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" Slatefiber mid/bass woofer
- 6-1/2" Slatefiber bass woofer
- Bass reflex design (front-firing port)
- Lean-back design ensures precise sound at the listening position
- Magnetic grille for woofers
- Wood-veneer finish
- Frequency response: 50-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 89.5 dB
- Recommended amplifier power: 40-200 watts
- 12"W x 39-5/8"H x 15-7/8"D
- Weight: 40.8 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years